General Terms and Conditions of Use
Welcome to Chelsea Clock. By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Chelsea Clock Company’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Chelsea Clock Company’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Chelsea Clock Company at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Chelsea Clock Company’s web site are provided “as is”. Chelsea Clock Company makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Chelsea Clock Company does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Chelsea Clock Company or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Chelsea Clock Company’s Internet site, even if Chelsea Clock Company or a Chelsea Clock Company authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Chelsea Clock Company’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Chelsea Clock Company does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Chelsea Clock Company may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Chelsea Clock Company does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Chelsea Clock Company has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Chelsea Clock Company of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Chelsea Clock Company’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Massachusetts without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Terms and Conditions of Use, Applicable to Orders placed on chelseaclock.com
All orders are subject to Chelsea Clock’s review and approval. We reserve the right to reject and not fulfill an order, or to withhold acceptance of an order until we take such steps as Chelsea Clock deems necessary within our sole discretion to validate the billing, shipping and credit card information of the person or company placing the order.
Most product orders typically will ship within 7 to 10 days (except where otherwise noted). Most of our products are largely hand made and assembled and require extra time. We keep limited amounts of inventory in finished condition. We can not guarantee your product will ship on a specific date due to the fact that many products are made to order and must be thoroughly tested before leaving our factory. We process and ship orders Monday through Friday only. We are closed Saturday, Sunday and Holidays. If you place your order after 5:00PM ET on Friday, your order will not be processed until Monday. We also reserve the right to implement temporary factory shutdowns, which may occur intermittently throughout the year. If and when the factory is closed, a customer will be notified of any changes in expected product shipment dates.
All prices and amounts shown on this Site are in U.S. Dollars (USD), unless otherwise noted. If a User submits an order, the User agrees that all charges, taxes and shipping/handling fees will automatically be charged to the User’s credit card. All purchases made online must be paid for by credit card or other authorized form of payment, such as merchandise credit or gift card.
3. Order Cancellations
If your order has been processed for shipping, or has shipped, we cannot cancel your order. You can refuse the delivery, and your order will be subject to our return policy.
You may cancel your order at any time prior to your order being shipped, unless it was deemed a special order, or custom “made to order” clock. Custom order cancellations will be subject to a $50.00 charge if you submitted engraving instructions to our sales department during or after your order was placed on the site. If you have approved your proof, but your order has not been printed or shipped, you may cancel your order, but you will be charged $50.00 for the time that was spent on your order in production.
4. Returns & Refunds
You may return your Chelsea Clock purchase within 30 days of receipt. In order to qualify for a full refund the product must be returned to Chelsea Clock in its original pristine condition, in the original packaging. If the product is damaged, or needs refinishing, or the packaging is damaged or missing, Chelsea Clock will assess an additional charge to cover these costs. All returns must be requested via Sales@chelseaclock.com. Note, engraved or custom made items may not be returned.
5. Sales Tax
Chelsea Clock is required to collect sales tax on purchases shipped to Massachusetts, the state where we currently have business operations. For orders shipped to Massachusetts, tax is calculated based on the total order value and current tax rate.
If tax will be or was charged on your order and you would like to claim tax-exempt status, you can request an adjustment for the amount of sales tax charged by sending in documentation of your tax-exempt status. Before or after placing your order through the Site, please fax a copy of your tax-exempt certificate along with your order number to the attention of the Credit Department at 617-884-4418.
6. Product Availability, Limitation on Quantities
Chelsea Clock does not guarantee the availability of any of our products, and information regarding availability of our products is subject to change without further notice. Availability may be limited at times, and some items may not be available for immediate shipment. Chelsea Clock reserves the right to make partial shipments.
Chelsea Clock also reserves the right without liability or prior notice to revise, discontinue or refuse to make available any of our products, or to cancel any order in our sole discretion at any time. Chelsea Clock shall not be responsible for any typographical inaccuracies. We reserve the right to revoke an accepted order and to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, including after an order has been submitted and accepted.
Our engraving department checks most artwork files before production, but you are still 100% responsible for the accuracy of your print-ready artwork files, and we encourage you to proofread all files carefully before submitting to Chelsea Clock.
We will email or fax you a proof for your review prior to engraving. It is your responsibility to review the proof in its entirety and approve.
Our production time guidelines are not guaranteed. They are our best estimate based on current workload. Throughout the year, the production times may change. Please notify Chelsea Clock prior to placing your order if you must have your order by a certain date, and we will let you know if we can meet your deadline. Production time begins upon proof approval, or the next business day for proofs approved after 2:00 PM ET.
Our primary carrier is UPS. Standard UPS shipments will only be delivered Monday to Friday. UPS Saturday Delivery is only available for Next Day and Second Day Air shipments for $20.00 additional per package. To arrange for Saturday delivery you must contact Customer Service, and we will update your order. Saturday Delivery is not available for all addresses.
- UPS Ground: Your order will be delivered within 1-5 business days after the order leaves the Chelsea Clock factory, not counting the ship date and not including Saturday and Sunday, or UPS Holidays. Package arrives before end of the day.
- UPS 3 Day Select: Your order will be delivered 3 business days after the order leaves Chelsea Clock, not counting the ship date and not including Saturday and Sunday, or UPS Holidays. Package usually arrives by end of the day.
- UPS Second Day Air: Your order will be delivered 2 business days after the order leaves Chelsea Clock, not counting the ship date and not including Saturday and Sunday, or UPS Holidays. Package usually arrives before end of the day. Saturday delivery is available for an additional $20.00 per package.
- UPS Next Day Air: Your order will be delivered the next business day after the order leaves Chelsea Clock, not counting the ship date and not including Saturday and Sunday, or UPS Holidays. Package usually arrives before 10:30AM. Saturday delivery is available for an additional $20.00 per package.
On international shipments, some countries may have custom delays or additional tax, custom or duty charges. It is buyer’s responsibility to pay them upon receipt of merchandise. We are not responsible for any international shipping delays or custom charges that may be assessed. Buyers who have packages returned by customs will be eligible for a refund of product costs only, minus restocking and all shipping fees.